Want to start out learning the basics of snooker? Here are five budget snooker cues that you could look at purchasing, all available for under £50.
PowerGlide Snooker Cue Stick | Eclipse | Ash Shaft with Decal Hardwood Butt | 10mm Tip | 2 Piece with Brass Joint | Assorted Weights | Full Size 57″
This 50/50 split cue performs far better than you’d expect. For not much more than a meal out, you’re getting a cue you can rely on as you start to learn the snooker basics.
“I don’t think you can find a cue as good as this for the price. Well made and feels great.” – Amazon review
- 50/50 Split Cue, 57" Length
- Ash Shaft, Hardwood Butt with Decal Design
- Brass Joint
- 10mm Tip with Brass Ferrule
- Leather Bumper
BCE Ronnie O`Sullivan MAROON & CREAM 2 Piece Pool Snooker Cue – 9.5mm Tip
Go bold with this maroon cue imprinted with the signature of snooker’s greatest ever player. Because if you’re going to set your sights on emulating someone, it might as well be Ronnie.
“Nice weight and balance, very pleased. Whether I shall be a better player remains to be seen but at least I have a decent cue and can only blame myself.” – Amazon review
- This is a thoroughly modern and stylish cue with an eye-catching shiney maroon butt
- A two piece cue with spiral center joint, suitable for both snooker and pool; 9.5mm leather stick on tip with brass ferrule; Quality standard ash shaft;
- Rubber butt protector - for added cue protection against knocks and butts;
- Cue length measures approx 57.09" (145cm); Shaft length measures approx 28.35" (72cm); Butt length measures approx 29.13" (74cm);
- Only available in MEDIUM weight, approx 17oz to 18oz. Every cue can vary slightly in weight.
A 57″ cue with attractive ash grains and a matte black finish, grab this green decorated cue and try to get some luck of the Irish. Perfect for beginners, it’ll more than do the job as you take the first steps on your snooker journey.
“Fantastic quality cue – really happy with the purchase.” – Amazon review
- Fantastic snooker cue with attractive ash grains and an ebonised black butt. Perfect for those starting out in the game or casual players. This is a standard-length ¾ cue.
- 57 Inch cue ¾ jointed Suitable for both snooker and pool Quality brass vacuum joint Attractive ash grains
- Brass ferrule with leather stick-on tip Tip size measures approx. 9mm Black, matt finish, four-point ebonised Prominent green decal butt design
- Smooth, non-lacquer wood feel shaft Spartan Fury logo on butt 18oz and 19oz weight available Message us to request a specific weight and we?ll do our best to match it!
Spartan Fury BLUE CONQUEST 2pc Matching Ash Centre Joint Snooker Cue 9mm Tip
Another great option from Spartan is this eye-catching cue with blue flashes. At this kind of price, it really is a no-brainer. If you’re desperate to have your first cue but you’re also strapped for cash, this should be high on your list.
“Good weight and quality for the cost, I prefer this one to my more expensive cue, recommended.” – Amazon review
- Fantastic snooker cue with a matching ash grain shaft and ebonised black butt. Perfect for those starting out in the game or casual players. This is a standard-length cue.
- 57 Inch cue 50/50 split butt and shaft equal length Suitable for both snooker and pool Standard spiral brass centre joint Matching ash grain shaft and butt section
- Approx. 9mm brass ferrule with leather stick-on tip Black, matt finish, ebonised four-point butt Prominent orange decal butt design Smooth, non-lacquer wood feel shaft
- Spartan Fury logo on butt Leather butt end protector 18oz and 19oz weight available Message us to request a weight and we?ll do our best to match it!
If you’ve got your own table but just don’t quite have enough room when you’re close to the cushion, this versatile five-piece cue is the answer. Simply remove different sections until your cue is the right size for the available space. Ingenious!
“Excellent cue and feels good to hold upper part nicely sanded and tip is exceptional. Looking forward to using the cue on a regular basis and at the price I paid its fab value for the price.” – Amazon review
- 57” cue with centre joint – butt and shaft each measure approx. 74cm
- Ideal for home use or junior players, where various cue lengths are required
- Butt end = 13cm; 2nd section = 13cm; 3rd section = 23cm; 4th section = 26cm
- Retaining butt end, cue can be 52”, 48”, 43”, 38”, 33” in length
- Stained hardwood butt with a satin smooth finish with 8mm Elk Master leather ‘stick-on’ tip
Looking for more inspiration?
Don’t forget to check out our article on the best snooker cue brands.
“File:Snooker cue and extensions.png”by Barfisch is licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0
Snooker JimGone from a 6ft table in my dad's garage as a kid to a 9ft table at the office, with the full-size snooker club visits in between. Hoping one day to get the playing technique right.
Start perfecting your game today with this FREE drills guide.